This recording may not be around for long. But you want to get hold of it because there is a lot of nonsense talked about World War II.
I was completely put-upon by a fellow who can never be a decent historian i.e doverbeach. I’ve never forgiven him for his persistent stupidity on this matter. His view on the war was self-contradictory.
His view contained the following propositions.
1. The Germans could never have beaten the Soviet Union.
2. The Soviet Union didn’t need any allied fighting to beat the Germans. Nor any allied aid.
3. Despite never budging on 2. He contends that all the aid to the Soviet Union was the right thing for the Americans and British to do. This despite his contention that this aid was ineffectual. Since they didn’t need this aid to beat the Germans.
4. D-Day was necessary to get to Germany before Stalin did. On the other hand it was important not to have pulled the aid to the Soviets prior to that because this would have made the Soviets angry.
5. Though the aid to the Soviets was totally ineffectual (in dovers view) it ought not have been a great deal less and cut off a whole lot earlier. And these resources ought not have been used to reinforce Singapore, aid other allies, or make sure that your own people had more materiel to work with.
Well of course the above is just lunacy. However every time you go to talk about World War II to dispel some of the myths of it, well there is the dover-beach knowitalls, with all their specific details of the war, but their self-contradictory conclusions gathered from it.
Its most important that we overcome this stupidity. Because we cannot have our leaders making the exact same mistakes again by thinking that these decisions were fine. They were not fine. The decisions were wrong. The decision to help the Soviets at all was questionable. But what is clear is that the Americans helped the Sovietes TOO LONG. As well their ought never have been any propaganda effort in their favour.
Actually the situation was much worse than that. Because this idiotic and self-contradictory take on the situation hides our sides war-crimes, and hides the ability of communists in Washington to skew war policy in favour of gratuitous wickedness in support of Stalins whims and Soviet expansion.
The fact is the Americans screwed it up at head office. They gave much of Europe to the Soviet Union. They did this on purpose and it simply didn’t need to happen.
Subsequent argumentation on this thread has proved my case utterly. Has proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that this sort of idiocy is prevalent in our understanding of World War II. And that these matters ought to be resolved in a non-contradictory way.
This is important because the best way to preserve our own lives and liberty is to let two tyrants fight it out, if we are lucky enough for this to happen. If we were to intervene it would be in a measured way to keep the weaker side in the field.
This is so obvious, you would think it was beyond denial by even the drooling idiot set. But you will see below that this is not the case. That people will go on arguing in favour of the communist cause no matter how foolish their arguments are.